Advantages Of The O Ring:
1) Simple, one piece groove design reduces hardware and design costs.
2) Compact design allows smaller hardware.
3) Easy, foolproof installation reduces risk.
4) Applicable to a wide range of sealing problems, static,dynamic, single or double acting.
5) Wide compound choice for compatibility with most fluids.
6) Ex stock availability of many sizes worldwide for easy maintenance and repair.
O Rings are used as sealing elements or as energising elements for hydraulic slipper seals and wipers and thus cover a large number of fields of application. There are no fields of industry where the O—Ring is not used. From an individual seal for repairs or maintenance to a quality assured application in aerospace, automotive or general engineering. The O Ring is used predominantly for static sealing applications:
1) As a radial static seal, e.g. for bushings, covers, pipes,
2) As an axial static seal, e.g. for flanges, plates, caps.
O Rings in dynamic applications are recommended only for moderate service conditions. They are limited by the speed and the pressure against which they are to seal:
– For low duty sealing of reciprocating pistons, rods, plungers, etc.
– For sealing of slowly pivoting, rotating or spiral movements on shafts, spindles, rotary transmission leadthroughs, etc
Abbey Seals stock thousands of metric and imperial sized O Rings ranging from materials such as NBR, EPDM, FKM, Polyurethane, Silicone, PTFE, FDA approved and compliant materials, PERLAST®, ISOLAST®, KALREZ® & SIMRIZ®.
Abbey Seals can supply any bespoke variations of high quality O Ring seals, and can typically have same day delivery within Ireland, or within 24 hours – service that has become part of the norm for urgent replacement parts such as O Rings.